Simple, fast and super grounding and earthy tasteFULL energy source to get you moving into your day with a smile bright as thousand suns! Or, simply put, high in energy, rich in taste, yummy and so good for your tummy!
- banana (make it two if u want it more fruity/sweeter)
- 1/2 of almond, coconut milk (or some other, depending on your personal preferences)
- 1 cup of water
- linen seeds (preferably, soak them in water or milk a bit before adding to the blender)
- chia seeds (see above)
Optional, but makes a great addition, so do go for it if you can:
- ceylon cinnamon
- vanilla (makes it taste simply aaaamaaazing!)
- if you can’t do without additional sweeteners and/or you didn’t have ripe bananas that add the sweetness to this blend, you can add some of the coconut nectar which is great substitute because of it´s properties – naturally low Glycemic Index (GI), which has benefits for weight control and improving glucose and lipid levels in people with diabetes (type 1 and type 2). Coconut palm sugars are rated as a GI 35. By comparison, most commercial Agaves are GI 42, Honeys are GI 55 and Cane Sugars are GI 68.Coconut palm nectar has a nutritional content far richer than all other commercially available sweeteners. It is especially high in Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc and Iron (similar to coconut water) and is a natural source of the vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and C. It’s also very rich in other minerals and enzymes which aid in the slow absorption into the bloodstream.
“The juice of the coconut tree can be transformed into a sugar as soft as honey… Nature created this product such that it could not be processed in factories. Palm sugar can only be produced in palm tree habitats. Local populations can easily turn the nectar into coconut blossom sugar. It is a way to solve the world’s poverty. It is also an antidote against misery.” Gandhi
- honey can do the trick as well if it is unpractical to search for coconut sweetener option and you are not vegan, it compliments the banana and avocado perfectly
- strawberries! – omg yes! – if you are lucky to have access to this heavenly berries thought the whole year or are just in time for it´s season – go for it!
- acerola in powder to charge it with vitamin c
- powdered siberian ginseng
- powdered brahmi powder
- or any other superfood you usually use can simply be added to this blend for smoothies consumption.. keep in mind it can have effects on the final taste but… health comes in many different aromas and tastes, so don’t be afraid to experiment! 😉