Raw avalanche delight balls
by Farout soulfood
- peanuts, raw, unsalted (or any other preferred nuts)
- organic coconut nectar, maple syrup or honey
- maca powder
- fresh ginger
- raw cacao powder
- raw cacao butter (or instead, coconut oil)
- chia seeds
This recipe requires two simple steps;
- making your own granola, which you can also use laters as a great breakfast and as a much better alternative to the commercial granola you get to purchase in a store.
- making your raw chocolate blend
Doing your own granola at home is so fun and so simple, and after trying it for the first time, you probably won’t be too keen to buy the packaged granola available at the stores, since this one is so much delight and you actually know what is inside.
Heat up some virgin coconut oil in a frying pan and add oats on top of the hot oil, toss in some of your favourite nuts, raisins, cranberries and finally, spices if you want to add that additional aroma to the whole thing. I just grate tiny pieces of ginger to give it some fyah and character, and maybe a pinch of cinnamon, but lately I’ve been feeling a bit bored with it 😛 😀 …sorry Cinnamon!
Second step requires some blender action;
- add to your blender a cup of raw, organic, grinded cacao powder,
- a bit of coconut oil or melted cacao butter,
- honey or some other sweetener until the blend tastes sweet enough for your taste,
- chia seeds u left soaking before (soak them at least 15 min in warm water or leave them to soak the night before you decide to do this)
- maca powder or some other preferred superfood that you think wont ruin the smooth pudding like chocolate taste (lol)
- add a bit of water and blend it together in your Vitamix.
Mix the granola blend with chocolate goodness and create avalanches of delight in a form of raw, pure, cacao and mama powered energy balls!